Junior Production Class
Upstage JUNIOR Production Class - 4th thru 7th grades
Has your child ever wanted to learn all about musical theatre? This is the class for you!
Come be part of an intensive Musical Theatre production class each semester where everyone is guaranteed to be cast in the end of semester Musical! Learn All aspects of a Musical from Acting to Music and even Dance. No experience is necessary. Come and Perform with us!
FOOTLOOSE The Getting To Know Series: Uniquely adapted musicals specifically for youth performers.
One of the most explosive movie musicals in recent memory bursts onto the live stage with exhilarating results. When Ren and his mother move from Chicago to a small farming town, Ren is prepared for the inevitable adjustment period at his new high school. What he isn't prepared for are the rigorous local edicts, including a ban on dancing instituted by the local preacher, determined to exercise the control over the town's youth that he cannot command in his own home. When the reverend's rebellious daughter sets her sights on Ren, her roughneck boyfriend tries to sabotage Ren's reputation, with many of the locals eager to believe the worst about the new kid. The heartfelt story that emerges is of a father longing for the son he lost and of a young man aching for the father who walked out on him. To the rockin' rhythm of its Oscar and Tony-nominated top 40 score (the soundtrack album reached number one on the Billboard charts and has sold over 17 million copies!) and augmented with dynamic new songs for the stage musical, FOOTLOOSE celebrates the wisdom of listening to young people, guiding them with a warm heart and an open mind.
*Class and performance times are subject to change depending on enrollment numbers
Auditions: Saturday, August 17th from 10:00am-1:00pm with a Dance Audition from 1:00-2:00pm
- Sign-in begins at 9:30am and we will go in order of that sign-in. *In order to be considered for a principal role, you must audition with a song.
- please prepare a one-minute Musical Theatre or Country song in the style of the show with a CD accompaniment or karaoke track from your phone.
- Please bring a Headshot/Resume if available.
- CALLBACKS will be Sunday, August 18th from 4:00-6:00pm
Performances: November 14th-17th, 2019
Grades: 4th-7th Grades (*7th graders have the choice to option up to the 8th-12th grade class)
- Tuesdays from 4:30-6:30pm beginning August 20th (Depending on enrollment numbers, we might add a class time)
- Plus, occasional Saturday rehearsals and extra rehearsals towards the production weekend
**We always give you a rehearsal schedule with the dates and times at the auditions so there isn't any confusion.
- $120 a month for 4 months (Fall: August-November & Spring: January-April)
- The First and Last month payment is due either January 31st or August 31st depending on the semester.
- One-time $25 Enrollment Fee
The January/August Tuition includes all production fees: performance licensing, technical costs (lights, sound, sets, prop, costumes), Script, Rehearsal CD/Online Link, & 2 Complimentary Tickets.
*This does not include show t-shirt, production dvd, costume base, and make-up.
This brand new musical version of the timeless classic takes you down the rabbit hole with zany characters, mad tea parties, flamingo croquet on the lawn, and tap dancing playing cards, all in a land where nothing is as it seems. The ever-curious Alice, the White Rabbit, Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum, the Mad Hatter, the Caterpillar, the Mock Turtle, the mysterious Cheshire Cat, the Queen of Hearts, and all your favorites from Lewis Carroll’s beloved books, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass make this a magical, tuneful, and over-the-top entertaining musical for the whole family!